Home of Lord Faringdon and his family, who continue to care for the property as well as the family art collection, the Faringdon Collection, which is displayed in the house. Consequently, despite the grandeur of their scale, both the house and grounds remain intimate and idiosyncratic and very much a family home. They also continue to change and develop - nothing is preserved in aspic here! Outside a new water feature, Faux Fall, by David Harber. Inside, contemporary glassware by Colin Reid and Sally Fawkes. Note: administered on behalf of the National Trust by Lord Faringdon
Additional Opening weekend dates; see website.
Last admission to House one hour before closing. Open Bank Holidays and Good Friday.
Grounds Only open on Mondays & Tuesdays.
House & Grounds - Adult £10, Child £5, Under 5's Free.
Grounds only - Adult £7, Child £3.50, Under 5's Free.
National Trust Members Free.
SU 243970 51.67195 -1.64943
Buscot Park lies between the small towns of Lechlade and Faringdon, on the A417.
By Public Transport
The nearest rail station is at Swindon (10 miles away), while a number of bus services operate to Lechlade: Thamesdown 67 Swindon––Faringdon (Fridays only); Carterton 64 Swindon––Carterton; Thamesdown 77 Swindon––Cirencester (both the last two services pass close to the rail station in Swindon). The 67 and 77 services only go to Lechlade: alight here – there is then a 2 3/4 mile walk to Buscot Park.
- Baby changing facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Disabled toilets
- National Trust Property
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Public toilets
- Wheelchairs available
- Accepts groups
- Children welcome
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Facilities for hearing impaired
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
gravel car park leading to concrete/tarmac
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Baby changing facilities
- Hearing loop installed in public areas
- Service dogs are NOT allowed:
service dogs allowed in grounds but not house
- Hearing loop system
- Wheelchairs provided
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Steps to the main entrance
- 13Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children